Sunday, 3 February 2013

I wish I was a ladybug


 I love ladybugs (I know their called ladybirds but I call them ladybugs, have done since I was a ickle tot) I used to collect them when I was younger and have them as pets in a jam jar, they absolutely fascinate me, how they are so tiny, with such intricate detail on their little backs. When I am older I plan to have a Volkswagen Bettle in red, and then have black dots painted on it, so I can literally be a lady bug, anyways, getting totally away from the subject of this post, I treated myself to a new perfume, I don't have a massive perfume collection, I have just a few main ones that I love and that I wear to death (i.e Vivienne Westwood's Cheeky Alice, Peter Andre's Unconditional, one from Clarins, which I never remember the name, I just love it because when I smell it, it reminds me of my Grandma, so I have a small bottle in my make up bag with me all the time, and then the only other perfume I have is one that Marks and Spencer used to sell, and it smelt like orange juice, I loved it, saw it went into the sale, so bought two bottles.) Therefore, as I don't own many, I thought it was time to get a new one, I received a £20 Debenhams gift card for my 18th birthday that I still hadn't spent, so I used that to go towards my perfume, me and my mum wandered around all the perfumes smelling so many that by the end I absolutely stank of a massive mixture of perfumes. 

Whilst wandering this huge umbrella on top of one of the stands caught my eye, it was a Marc Jacobs umbrella, we loved it, and then.. that's when I saw the most perfect perfume for me, a perfume, that not only smelt absolutely gorgeous, but the bottle was inspired by a LADY BUG!! 
The perfume is Dot by Marc Jacobs, it smells very refreshing, yet very floral, its the sort of scent that you can put on and it doesn't over power you. 


I then noticed a sign in the Marc Jacobs display that said if you buy any Marc Jacobs perfume 50ml or above you get a free Marc Jacobs umbrella, so I just HAD to buy the 50ml Dot by Marc Jacobds perfume to get the free umbrella; a 50ml bottle of this perfume was £47 which was a little pricey but I was prepared to pay it, I took it to the till and that's when I day got even better, the customer assistant told me that for £3 more, I could get the Dot gift set, which included a 50ml bottle of perfume, 75ml bottle of shower, 75ml bottle of body lotion and then I still got the free umbrella.. Bargain if you ask me.. So I bought it, so with my voucher, over all it only cost me £30 which I thought was brilliant.


After getting all of this and in true Debenhams fashion I got samples of new different perfumes that are available.
 ♥ Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli
♥ Love Struck by Vera Wang
♥ CK one SHOCK Street Edition by Calvin Klein
I haven't used any of these yet because I have so many perfume samples it is actually ridiculous, so I am just going to add them to my pot of samples and then I just pick up one at random each day to use.

Well, thats my latest perfume, and a the list of my favorites, whats yours, I would love to know?   

Rebecca xo

 



12 comments:

  1. Nice post!

    The dot perfume bottle is pretty! I really like the umbrella's too.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and I know, isn't just too cute

      Rebecca xo

      Delete
  2. Great Blog,i love lady bugs too!

    It would be great if we could follow each other :)

    hope you enter my giveaway on my blog <3
    Blog Here

    Dont forget to follow my blog

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) woohoo lady bugs ..

      Going to check out your blog now, and enter your give away :)

      Rebecca xo

      Delete
  3. I'd really like to get into perfumes one day, I tend to stick with what I know and don't even wear it that often. Marc Jacobs sound amazing, I keep meaning to give Daisy a sniff when I'm in Boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, perfumes are tricky but honestly give Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume a sniff, its so nice, just really lush, I got my mum that one for her birthday, I steal it every now and then :) xo

      Delete
  4. The ladybug perfume bottle is so absoluuutely adorable! :)
    I also love the umbrella, because rain makes me so sad/grumpy/moody and I think that umbrella would definitely cheer me up, haha!

    Your blog is so pretty, I'm a new follower! :)

    xo
    nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love the smell of Marc Jacobs Dot! I always spray it when I'm at the shops! My absolute favourite perfumes are Miss Dior, Armani She (Gold) and then I like Lady Million too! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing :D Marc Jacobs Dot smells pretty fabulous so that was indeed a great bargain :D Loved the umbrella as well :D

    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that perfume smells amazing - great deal!!
    love it if you could check out our blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love DOT, I have the set as well and use it pretty much daily! You can't go wrong with a Marc Jacobs perfume, I love Oh lola as well, both bottles look great on my dressing table

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been nominated for the liebster blog awrd more info on my website

    ReplyDelete