Thursday, 27 December 2012

A Jolly Festive Few Days

Left: How I felt after I worked all through the early hours on Christmas Eve
Right: My festive Christmas jimjams (Marks and Spencer)
Christmas, the one time of the year, for family and celebrations.. I wish.. I spent Christmas Eve at work, Boxing Day at work and the day after Boxing Day at work. I even had to be at work for 00.01 on Christmas Eve and work until 8am, all through the early hours when we believed the store would be so quiet, except, the general public went mad, queuing outside the store from 11pm, I understand to get your last minute bits and bobs, but not at 3 'o' clock in the morning. Its insane. However, rant over.. I had a fantastic Christmas, got spoilt like crazy, every year me and my family have a, tradition I guess that we follow, we open stockings in the morning, then have scrambled egg and salmon for breakfast, we then all get ready and have a class of champagne. My Grandma cooks Christmas Dinner, perfectly, we usually eat a festive feast about 1:15-1:30pm, we eat until we are completely full and then we eat even more with my Grandma's delicious Christmas Pudding, which I get to light. Once we cannot move because we have eaten so much, we watch the Queens Speech and then open all the presents underneath the tree :) 

Unfortunately, this year, due to work, we were unable to go to my grandparents and they were unable to come to us, so I had my first Christmas at home, which seemed strange but was relaxed, but we Skyped them when it was present opening time, to see the joy on their faces, it was like they were there with us :) 




Christmas Eve Drinks with my cousin and our festive glasses.

It wouldn't be Christmas without the classic Christmas jumper, this one was from Primark for £12.00, me and my parents all wore the same on Christmas Day, 
I used to love getting presents, and Christmas was all about everything I got, however this year, it meant 

more to me, buying other people presents, seeing the joy on my mums face when she opened her Robbie Williams tickets, and my dad when he got 10 Fishing DVD's ( mainly because I never let fishing be on the main tv). Christmas, for me this year, was definitely all about family. That's why I am not going to parade all the gifts I got, just two that are pretty awesome.




 I got the BEST washing up gloves ever, because where me and my parents are moving, I am getting my own bathroom, which I have to clean myself, so my parents got me these, because they thought if I liked the look of them, then I would want to use them and might actually clean. Another present was these Wind Up Racing Meerkats, now I love meerkats, they are by far my favourite animal, and I had so much fun watching these race across my kitchen floor, their little heads wobble side to side, but they did tend to like to smash into the dishwasher door.. 

Now that Christmas is over and its only 4 days until New Year, it has got me thinking about resolutions, my list is starting to build up:

                                       -Loose Weight (the classic)

                                       - New Job
                                       - Get Driving
                                       - Buy A Car 
               - Start to save money, not save and then spend all on a night out.

Those are the basics I shall start with, but I am sure I will think of more.
Hope you all had a fantastic festive Christmas :) I shall do a final instagram diary of 2012 on the 31st :) 

Tweet Me.. Instagram - rebeccajane1994 .. Tumblr 

©copyright2012RebeccaSharland

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely christmas! Just found your blog. I'm your newest follower! Hope you'll have a lool at mine and follow back if you like it.

    Happy New Year!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I shall pop over and look at yours now .

      Happy New Year xx

      Delete